Wednesday, June 02, 2010

My Favorite "Lifelines" for Health & Wellness


People often tell me that either they want to lose weight or they want to feel better. That's why I share the resources that I do in this blog. I don't believe there's a holy grail system that works for everyone. ButI do believe that everyone can find a system that works for them.

Many companies are trying to save money on the health care expenses of their employees. Case in point, Whole Foods recently created a program for their employees to lose weight. Unfortunately, this did make some employees, who were not in great shape, pretty nervous about their jobs...read on...

http://lifestyle.ca.msn.com/real-life/work/hearst-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24116527

One of my favorite "lifelines" for heath and wellness is the ladies fitness franchise, Curves. I was the Manager at the West Vancouver location a few years ago. In the Lower Mainland, they are everywhere, making them the preferred choice for many ladies who aren't that comfortable stepping into the big-name gyms.

What do I like about Curves?
  • They have a simple system, that is easy to learn and follow.
  • You show up at your convenience, and your workout starts when you get there.
  • 30 minutes plus a stretch - quick in and out.
  • You work at your own pace, but you're encouraged to work harder as you get stronger.
  • They play all different music styles throughout your workout.
  • The gyms are small, and the staff are quite supportive.
  • The same cost as the other gyms, which is a steal if you go three times per week.
  • Many locations offer discounts and free trial promotions.
So do yourself a favor, and check out your local Curves location. And remember, the key to success at anything in life is FOCUS. Create a 90-day plan for yourself and stick with it.

If you'd like personal support from me, send me your comments or questions.

No comments: