Saturday, June 17, 2006

Your Reason Why...

It's so difficult to stick to a program when you don't have a strong reason why...

While I was in a Body Transformation Challenge, you couldn't tempt me with junk food, you know, those empty yummy calories. Imagine being faced with 2 choices; birthday cake, or $10,000? Or how about buffet Sushi or $10,000? Of course I didn't know if I was going to win the $10,000 if I didn't eat the extras, but I sure knew that I wasn't going to win it if I did eat the extras. So the choice was clear.

Now that I'm not gearing up for a contest, the choices are a little more grey. Who really cares if I lose a few more pounds? Will it really matter to me or anyone else, if I reduce my body fat percentage by another point? I look pretty good, I wear my clothes pretty well, I feel pretty healthy right now. Why worry?

Finding your reason why is one of the most important aspects of your program. For some, buying a new bathing suit is enough to get them onto better nutrition and fitness habits. For others, there has to be a stronger reason. How about signing up for the next 5 or 10K? That might get you motivated.

Whatever your reason, it has to be personal and valid to you, not to anyone else. Dig deep to find the thing that will motivate you to stick with your program. Commit to one more day of consistency. If you suffer a setback, you'll have that important reason why to return to.

No comments: