Tuesday, April 01, 2008

How to Feel Like a Million Bucks$$$

You know the routine...you tell yourself, "Tomorrow, I'm going to start that exercise program." or "Tomorrow I'm going to start following that eating plan, and getting healthier." Only tomorrow comes, life gets in the way, and tomorrow goes.

That's how to feel like crap - beating yourself up one more time...

Try this on for size:

Tell yourself, "Tomorrow I'm going to get out and run around the block." Then do it.

But, it'll only take me 5 minutes, you say. So what, work out for 5 minutes.

Or, if you're enjoying yourself so much, stay out there for 10 minutes. If you're hating every step, how long can 5 minutes be?

The important thing is, you did it - you said what you were going to do, and you did it! You didn't listen to your rationalizations, your excuses, or your tired body begging you to stay in bed just a few more minutes. You didn't hear the phone ringing, you didn't pay attention to the e-mails calling, and you didn't listen to the TV beckoning you.

You said you were going to go and run around the block, and you did it.

Guess what? When you get in the shower, you're going to feel like a million bucks! I'm telling you!

Now, I tell my clients, how you see success is, you have one good day, and you follow it with another good day, and you follow that one with another good day.

Of course, setbacks will happen to the best of us, but don't let them stop you cold. In the infamous words of Robert Schuller, and his Possibility Thinker's Creed:

"When faced with a mountain, I will not quit! I will keep striving until I climb over, find a pass through, tunnel underneath, or simply stay...and turn the mountain into a miracle..."

Now off you go, and make plans to feel like a million bucks tomorrow!

No comments: